Sunday, July 26, 2009

brickyard 400 start time

Brickyard 400 interview: Jimmie Johnson

ON THE TIRES. “I don’t have any personal experience, my teammates were up. The overall feeling is that they spent a lot of time and money and effort to get the tire right and they were able to do it. With that in mind I’m anticipating no issues. I’m sure we’ll see some tire wear at the start. It’s been that way through all the years that I’ve been here not only last year. Once we get past that initial 30 or 40 minutes of practice I expect the tire to come in and the rubber to go down and the tire be fine.”

WITH EACH RESTART YOU WILL BE SIDE-BY-SIDE AND THAT WILL BE A CHALLENGE, IS THERE ANY GROVE YOU’D LIKE? “Until we get into the mix of things and see it’s tough to tell. Turn one I think if you are on the inside and you clear someone you’ll be in good shape. But I’ve been on the outside of people in turn two and been able to carry more momentum off of the corner and use that to my advantage down the straightaways. I’m not sure. If you can clear someone through the short shoot I think you’ll be in good shape but if you are side-by-side I would expect the outside car to rally back down the straightaway.”



No comments:

Post a Comment